When Cosmo’s Suzy Cox couldn’t do up her size-16 jeans, she realised it was time to change her diet – and her life.
• No more skipping breakfast or grabbing a croissant. Instead, have a ‘protein source’ every morning salmon, ham or eggs).
• Ditch foods labelled low fat (these are processed and therefore difficult for your body to digest) and eat more good fats (for example, extra virgin olive oil, nuts and avocado).
• Make sure your snacks always contain some form of protein (try a slice of ham or chicken, or a handful of raw nuts or seeds).
• If you have a major carb craving, go for rye bread, sweet potatoes or quinoa.
• Don’t eat anything that comes in a tin or a jar. And if you can’t even pronounce the ingredients, they ain’t good for you.
• Whenever possible, it ’s best to buy organic .
Want to know more? Check out the Clean and Lean Diet, exercises and recipes that Suzi followed, in this months Cosmo or view the article online here >