The Clean and Lean Lemongrass & Coconut Prawns with Glass Noodles is featured in the Banbury Guardian as a part of their Weekend Recipes Section.
Check out the recipe. It tastes Incredible.
- 20 tiger prawns, raw and unpeeled
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 lemongrass sticks, very finely chopped
- 5cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 green chilli, finely sliced
- 50g creamed coconut
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 2tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 250g glass rice noodles
- A bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 lime, quartered, to garnish
- Rinse the tiger prawns under cold water.
- In a wok, heat the oil and gently fry the garlic, lemongrass, ginger and chilli, until well softened.
- Add the creamed coconut and 120ml boiling water, as well as the kaffir lime leaves. The sauce should be a thick consistency. l Simmer for approximately five minutes; do not allow to boil.
- Add the prawns and continue to cook until they have turned pink.
- Add the soy sauce, fish sauce and taste. Add more of both if needed to adjust the flavour.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the packet instructions.
- Serve the prawns over the noodles, sprinkled with coriander and a wedge of lime on the side.
THERE ARE LOTS OF GOOD REASONS TO EAT SEASONALLY. Aside from being that seasonal food is fresher and
SPRING IS IN THE AIR AND THERE IS SOME GREAT SEASONAL PRODUCE AVAILABLE TO MAKE YOUR PLATE COLOURFUL
TAKE A STEP TOWARDS FEWER ANIMAL PROTEINS IN YOUR DIET WITH OUR REFORMULATED VEGAN BODY SERENITY One