The Clean and Lean Lemongrass & Coconut Prawns with Glass Noodles is featured in the Banbury Guardian as a part of their Weekend Recipes Section.
Check out the recipe. It tastes Incredible.
- 20 tiger prawns, raw and unpeeled
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 lemongrass sticks, very finely chopped
- 5cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 green chilli, finely sliced
- 50g creamed coconut
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 2tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 250g glass rice noodles
- A bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 lime, quartered, to garnish
- Rinse the tiger prawns under cold water.
- In a wok, heat the oil and gently fry the garlic, lemongrass, ginger and chilli, until well softened.
- Add the creamed coconut and 120ml boiling water, as well as the kaffir lime leaves. The sauce should be a thick consistency. l Simmer for approximately five minutes; do not allow to boil.
- Add the prawns and continue to cook until they have turned pink.
- Add the soy sauce, fish sauce and taste. Add more of both if needed to adjust the flavour.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the packet instructions.
- Serve the prawns over the noodles, sprinkled with coriander and a wedge of lime on the side.
Check out the Clean and Lean Facebook page for more recipes and tips
Follow us on twitter @CleanandLean