Fresh, fast and fabulously flavourful. All part of my maintenance plan.
- 4 large organic eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 large vine tomato
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 good handful of baby spinach leaves
- Beat the eggs with some seasoning and reserve. Deseed and roughly chop the tomato. Heat the oil in a 20cm frying pan. Gently fry the chopped tomato over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes just to soften. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the frying pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, pushing the edges into the middle and tilting the pan to distribute evenly.
- Sprinkle over the spinach leaves and reserved cooked tomato and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until the spinach has just wilted and the eggs have set. Fold one half of the omelette over and slide onto a plate. Cut in two to serve
For all the delicious maintenance recipes from YOU Magazine, click below
- Web exclusive recipe: Herb crusted lamb cutlets with tomato, almond and green bean salad
- Web exclusive recipe: Spinach and tomato omelette
- Recipe: Prawn salad
- Recipe: Yogurt and harissa chicken
- Recipe: Warm anchovy, broccoli and chilli salad
- Recipe: Green bean, asparagus and garlic tortilla
- Recipe: Chilli and coriander mussel broth with oriental mushrooms
- Recipe: Cantaloupe melon with seed yoghurt
- Recipe: Greek lamb skewers with courgette tzatziki
- Recipe: Baked sea bass with roast tomatoes
- Health special: Flat tummy forever
- Part One: Flat tummy fast!
- Part One: The 14-day eating plan